*** ShoeBox Photos ***
- All screens best viewed in 800x600
resolution and utilize a progressive JPEG
format. Photos are encoded with copyright, and information
in AdobePhotoShop Info File.
- Elmer W. Johnson *** U.S. Army
*** Vietnam 1968-1969
First Class Elmer Johnson of the U.S. Army served with the 3rd
of the 82 Artillery while in Vietnam from 1968-1969. Although
many of his Polaroid images have long since faded, a poem he
wrote while in the service create's many images that have not
- "Ricochet Eyes"
- Looking into those ricochet eyes;
- trying to find a reason not to hide;
- from the reality of fear that still exist inside;
- The mirror reflects the thousand yard stare;
- protecting the visions from people who didn't
know or care.
- Defending the conscience
- of unreasoned warfare;
- behind those eyes of
- ravaged despair.
- To see is to see
- when not being blind
- but to hide the pain and rage
- to keep life in line.
- Repressed depression embedded
- deep within;
- a passion looking for an
- permitting only a glance
- into those eye of tension.
- If someone were to see
- beyond the powers of convicted lies.
- They may see the truth behind
- those ricochet eye.
- By Elmer W. Johnson
- Comments, Corrections, Contributions Welcomed.
- Christy Butler
**** **** email@example.com